Monday 8 September 2008

Maths is your friend.

"Algebra is fun", I totally believed that statement which I've said so much since I was around 14 years old, until last night. I was happily chatting along with a few friends on stickam, when one of them decided to spring on me that he needed help with his homework. What he didn't say was that he had like 4 hours to do 100 questions, which would be easy if we were together, but it was over the internet, so with lag and getting preoccupied would take a lot longer! The trouble was, it was really simple algebra, like this:



Which is pretty simple, anyone who has any knowledge of algebra can see the answer is -1. But unfortunately, it still took ages because the person in question was not grasping the concepts so easily. I should have shown him some of the equations we were doing in my college Finance class, mainly ones like this:



Yeah, that one is complicated, that might be why I failed that particular course though, haha!

I feel like I've bored you now, so I'll leave you to it.

Ciao x.


CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: Can't Repeat - The Offspring

No comments: